Criminality or Social Exclusion?
Justice for Children in a Divided World
Call for papers
International Juvenile Justice Observatory (IJJO)
London, 05/11/2012 to 07/11/201
The Fifth IJJO International Conference, Criminality or Social Exclusion? Justice for Children in a Divided World, aims to address the impact of the global crises on the administration of justice for children and young people. In the last years, as a result of social and economic polarisation and global crises, growing numbers of children, young people and families are finding themselves at the margins of society where social exclusion and involvement in criminality might constitute a higher risk.
- Preventing and Diverting Children and young people from offending.
- Youth and group offending in urban areas: promoting social inclusion.
- Children's rights and cost avoidance.
- Good practices on youth justice and sharing a common international benchmark framework.
- Children's rights and the role of business in a globalised world.
- The role of Internet and Social media on Children Rights and Youth participation.
Some keynote speakers
- Dr. Marta Santos Pais, Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General on Violence against Children
- Prof. Dr. Jean Zermatten, Chair of the United Nations' Committee on the Rights of the Child.
- Prof. John Hagedorn, University of Illinois, Chicago - United States
- Chuka Umunna MP, Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills
- John Drew, The Youth Justice Board in England and Wales - United Kingdom
The Conference recommendations will be presented to UN ECOSOC, UNESCO, Council of Europe, Children Rights Forum of European Commission, the Fundamental Rights Agency and the European Economic and Social Committee.
To view the programme, click here.
For details on the call for submissions, click here.
Previous Events (general) items
- 15/10/2012: '5th World Congress for the Rights of Children and Adolescents'
- 09/09/2012: 19th ISPCAN International Congress on Child Abuse & Neglect - Every Child Matters - Promoting Partnerships for Protecting Children
- 05/09/2012: Children, Young People and Adults: Extending the Conversation
- 29/05/2012: Fifth International Policy Conference on the African Child (IPC): ‘Intercountry Adoption - Alternatives and Controversies'
- 26/05/2012: C&K 2012 Early Childhood Conference - Children’s Right to Childhood